Five things I did on the weekend (via Red Current)
So I have been really busy lately, but feel very guilty about not posting. So here's a list of what I did on the weekend:
1. Had C&J over for dinner. Since it was a special 'long time no see, catch-up dinner', Darin pulled out all the stops and served up classy frito pies for everyone. That was a first for everyone. I even got a frozen sara lee cheesecake (a difficult find in Japan)
the aftermath (btw, we have switched from kirin to asahi gold so Darin can win this robot - as the website says, 'it talks, it keeps your beer cold, it opens your beers AND it pours your beers'. So as you can see the beer drinking was for a worthy cause)
2. I had a business meeting with my partners, Pinn and Taeko. I might have mentioned my idea to some of you, but it looks like it really is going to happen. I'm not going to give out any details yet - don't want to jinx it, but I'm very excited. Keep watching this space for news....
3. Went to the latest clothes swap with Pinn, Jo, Jenn, Martine and about 50 other women. Got rid of a lot of clothes and picked up some really great pieces!!
4. Cried while watching the women's figure skating finals. I hadn't watched any of the Olympics, but this was great. Every time they had a 'special background story' on a skater, I'd cry. So much hardship, so much glory. I felt like a proud mum. Glad that Japan picked up at least one medal and it was a pretty gold one too. Have any of you girls living in Tokyo ever seen an ice skating rink?
5. Daz and I found a butterfly in our apartment. At first we thought it had flown in from outside but we soon realized that it was trying to fly but couldn't . Soon the realization hit us that this butterfly's metamorphis more than likely occured somewhere in our house. It was kind of gross and cool all at the same time. The butterfly started flying all of a sudden yesterday so we released him into the wild, wild wilderness of Tokyo to begin a beautiful new butterfly life cycle.
One thing I did at lunch: