I find myself slacking on writing down all the great things you are currently doing Jake and I know that if I don't do it I will regret it later on. Jake you turned two and a half last week and I am REALLY loving two. The biggest change over the past six months has been your new ability to talk, talk, talk. Sure you said words before but now it is sentences made up of a combination of a lot of different words and plenty of new words everyday. There are so many cute and adorable things that you do - to be honest most everything you do is adorable except for maybe occasional meltdowns in public places and crashing your toys, but hey we all have our bad moments.
- it when you jump like a kangaroo
- it when you count teeth at night but call them acorns (um thanks totoro)
- it when you read old hat, new hat all by yourself
- it when you fix bridges, roads and anything else that is 'missing pieces' (thanks dora) with a laser shot from your finger
- your amazing manners (let's keep this one up)
- your love of mostly all food especially vegetables
- your imagination and your imaginary play especially when you serve up lattes with your tea set
- watching you experience so many firsts like eating your first chocolate easter egg
- it when you say ' come 'ere'
- it when you take of your shoes and socks when we get home and place them neatly near the door
- it when you brush your teeth every night and you are very interested in flossing!!
- playing pretend shopping with you with your cash register and plastic money. at the moment you relate all money to Mr Krabs from Sponge Bob....
We had a great summer in Melbourne - our first summer in our new hometown and we made the most of it with lots of trips to the beach, lots of swimming at the pool and you are now a big fan of what is known as 'ice cream'!
You also started going to kindy four days a week. You have a little posse of boys and we hear you are the leader of the truck gang - no surprise here!
Some of your favourite things include any kind of moving vehicle (no change here from earlier times), your thomas train set, building blocks and of course then crashing the blocks, playschool, sponge bob, curious george (man that monkey cracks you up), custard buns, and many many more things that I can't remember right now.
Just know little man (like I tell you every single night) - mama loves you so, so much!